MeghB

Kia To Introduce All-Electric Niro In 2018

Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:44 am

I know all of you here in the Kia Niro EV forum are being restless of when we will finally be able to see this hot ride in the market. In the meantime, I am just fishing for news about Niro EV. Anything old or new I find, I read them carefully. Here is a post about Niro that I thought to share with you:
Kia will be bringing an all-electric version of the Niro to market in 2018, going by recent comments from the chief operating officer of Kia Motors Europe, Michael Cole.

Along with that revelation, made in an interview with the Netherlands-based news source AutoRAI, Cole also noted that the model would utilize the same powertrain that the new 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Electric uses (Hyundai and Kia are sister companies).

As a reminder, the first plug-in hybrid (PHEV) version of the Kia Niro is expected to hit some markets relatively soon (before the end of the year in most of Europe and in the US), so the release of the all-electric version will be following that.
Link: https://cleantechnica.com/2017/02/17/ki ... niro-2018/

acdc

Re: Kia To Introduce All-Electric Niro In 2018

Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:13 pm

I like the idea of the small SUV the configuration is way better than a sedan yet overall you're getting roughly around the same amount of space it seems more practical and more versatile

Return to “News and Main Kia Niro EV and PHEV Forum”